The company founded in 1946 by Dipl.-Ing. Walter
Hitzinger developed rapidly from a repair shop for destroyed electric motors and combustion engines into a major electric machine construction firm.
As early as 1955, the company placed its first synchronous alternator of its own design on the market. Unlike almost anyone else of his time, Walter Hitzinger appreciated the importance of a motivated workforce. With the incentive of social contributions, he set up a solid basis of cooperation that would lead to employee involvement in the company, the establishment of a sizeable apprentice workshop and a management board that counted employees among its members.